The Agricultural Writers SA hosts this competition in conjunction with FNB. Through this competition FNB would like to highlight the importance of quality agricultural journalism in South Africa, and therefore they’ve decided to increase their sponsorship affording each winner in a category the opportunity to win R15 000 prize money.
With this award we would like to honour the efforts of any member (excluding corporate members) of the Agricultural Writers SA who excel at communicating important and riveting information about the agricultural sector.
This audience may be the primary agricultural sector, related industries in the sector or the general public, if the communication effort focuses primarily on agriculture.
The categories for entry submission are as follows:
– communication in print,
– broadcast (radio/television),
– online or social media platforms, including communication projects at events entered by an individual.
Winners of the FNB Communicator of the Year
- TV & Audio: Werner Scholtz
- Print Category: Lloyd Philips
- Social Media & Online: Valerie Cilliers
- Print Category: Charl van Rooyen
- TV & Audio: Lise Roberts
- Social Media & Online: Ronel Botha
- Print Category: Lindi Botha
- TV & Audio: Liezel de Villiers
- Social Media & Online: Clayton Swart
- Print Category: Elriza Theron
- TV & Audio: Claudia van Zyl
- Social Media & Online: Thabi Modutoanee